Friday, June 10, 2011

Gardening and then some...

So as I listen to the thunder and rain pouring down around my house, I'm thankful for it for a number of reason. One because I can't remember the last time it rained here, and two because with all the craziness of my evening I forgot to water the garden. So right now, I'm thanking the Lord for the slow moving rain that He's providing for my garden.

We are doing well in the garden world. As soon as I get some new batteries in the camera I will be getting some good photos taken, but we have some new sprouts coming up. The green pepper plants have officially been transplanted into their new pot and hopefully at least a couple of the sproutlets will grow. They were still a bit little when I moved them, but I had like 15 or 20 sprouts :) I'm starting to see herbs coming up, but please don't ask me which ones, because I can't remember where I planted each herb--oops. And let's not forget the most exciting news of the afternoon!!!! After much waiting I counted a total 55 sprout for my okra seeds. Ha! I'm cracking myself up!!!! I'm going to need to get a couple more pots I think. From what I understand these plants get a bit big...I wouldn't know! I've never planted anything like this before!

I'm so proud of Elijah and his desire to learn and go to church related activities. He was so excited to have VBS this week at our church! He was ready to go each night. Today, I told him something to the effect that I was 'planning' to go to the grocery store during VBS time. He took that to mean, that he wasn't going to go to VBS. He then turned from me, bowed his head and began to pray. "Dear Jesus, help me to be able to go to VBS. Help me to be able to be with Fishy Francis again next year (Elijah says next year for just about any day of the week). In Jesus name, Amen". I sat their in awe at what my little guy had done. Instead of kicking his feet and arguing, he went to His Lord in prayer. I'm so proud of him!!! It does my heart good to see him see his need for his Heavenly Father to fix his problems!

Well the contacts have told me it's bedtime. Looking forward to sprout counting tomorrow. Who knew gardening could be so much fun!!!!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Yeah.... okra gets BIG. :) HA!! Looking forward to seeing your pics. SO GET YOU SOME BATTERIES. So glad Elijah is learning early to turn to his Heavenly Father! That was so sweet!