Friday, September 7, 2012
Baseball!!!
It's that time of year for us once again. YAY!!! The best part of this--the twins are playing now too! I can't even begin to tell you how nice it was to send all three boys with their daddy to the dugout before the game. Lily was napping in the car so we made it over there eventually and then we SAT on the bleachers together. WONDERFUL!!!!!
Elijah started playing a year ago and for the last 2 seasons it's been a bit of a challenge to enjoy watching him play because the twins weren't interested in sitting and watching. They'd be much happier in the dugout and out on the field. So it was a very exciting thing to watch them walk toward that dugout last night.
It got even better when they started playing! The team they are playing for is really just a fundamentals team, so there's now score taken. There are only 2 innings and during each inning every player gets the opportunity to be up at bat. This fall season they've combine the Teeball with the Coach Pitch teams so they get five pitches and then if they haven't hit they get to hit off the tee.
All three boys were able to get a good hit each time whether via the coach pitch or the tee, it was a joy seeing them excited to run the bases. This is "old hat" for Elijah, but for Elliott and Jesse it was the highlight of their night. They were beaming from ear to ear after they ran the bases. Jesse came and told me "Mommy, I got a home run!" He'll eventually understand that concept, but for right now I just had to smile because I know for a 4 year old running around all those bases means a homerun.
I can't wait to watch these boys play tomorrow :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment