Wendy, I am going to borrow/steal an idea from you, however, since you really want me posting here, I don't think you'll mind. Thursdays are a little chaotic around here, so I am now instituting "Thursday's Fives". Only five thoughts on Thursdays.
1. I currently am trying to not go insane with 5--yes that's right--5 boys ages 4 1/2, 3 1/2, the twins at 23 months, and a 14 month old! Wendy, I am sure if you mom were to read this she could completely relate to what I am saying.
2. I love the fact that Lily, who is currently taking her nap, can sleep in the living room while other's are having meltdowns around her! She can even sleep through the high pitched screaming that takes place when I am vacuuming the floors. For some reason, whenever I turn on the vacuum, the boys think they need to scream louder than the vacuum. I need to get a video camera out so other's can enjoy that at a later "date"--oh how they'd kill me then. :)
3. Elijah was trying to "help me mop" this morning. I made the mistake of filling the mop bucket and then leaving it so I could get the twins dressed before the two boys I watch showed up. Needless to say, about a fourth of the water that was in the bucket was on the kitchen floor. I'm thinking I know what job/chore Elijah will be learning first!!!
4. It has probably been the coldest winter that I've seen since I moved here 7 1/2 years ago. I'm so thankful that Jason loves burning wood! Nothing better than looking at a nice fire in the wood stove. I am currently letting it "die out" so we can clean out the wood stove tonight, and at this very moment, even with socks on, my toes are starting to get cold. I guess I have forgotten how warm I keep the living room during the day.
5. Jason and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on Monday. Words can adequately describe how thankful I am that God brought us together.
Ah, it is time for nap time, another feeding, dishes to be accomplished and more cleaning to be done. Can't tell you how thankful I am for a Heavenly Father that gives and is "more than enough" for me.
2 comments:
Visions of that mop bucket make me chuckle. He'll get REALLY good at that job when he's older. :) Glad y'all had a nice anniversary. :)
Kim, Kim, Kim. . . don't you know all my good ideas are stolen off the internet? Therefore, all your good ideas can be stolen too. It's quite flattering, really ;) And seven years, well time sure flies. At your wedding I told Aunt Cindy that I was chatting with Phil. She was the only other family member who knew about him for quite some time - besides my immediate family.
Post a Comment