Friday, July 18, 2008

My 'ode to a schedule

I will be the first to admit that I am not a AAA personality. If you don't believe me--ask anyone in my family or anyone of my friends that really knows me. If you were to walk into my house right now you would find toys, toys, toys everywhere. I guess I have moments when I can't take it, but most of the time I really want Elijah to be a two year old boy that, like his mother, had a good time with his toys. I know in time he will need to be the one cleaning everything up (he does help now), but for right now I don't mind most of the time doing it myself.

Today would be a day that I mind.

I really prefer to try to spend the few hours in the evenings with Jason as a family, so I clean up after everyone is in bed. This process begins normally around 10:30 and ends around 12:30 which isn't too bad. Last night however, it ended at 2:30 because Jesse woke up for a midnight snack. Elijah was up at 6 with Jason, and so was everyone else in the family! I needed to ride to work with Jason today because he brought home his company truck today--so what you say does this have to do with schedules? Everything!!!!! The twins napping schedule has been so off!!! Everything goes wacky when that happens. This morning's 6:00 through everything off!

Elijah is in bed--that went relatively smoothly. However the twins, who are normally getting their final feeding of the night have currently slept through it. I have a feeling that once I begin my normal nightly routine of cleaning up they will wake up, and be up for quite some time this evening. I pray that that isn't the case!

I allow flexibility into my schedule--I learned a little bit of that while I was teaching, but even more here at home. Today, however, has been bent far beyond what normally takes place. I am glad that "today" is almost over! Tomorrow will bring new adventures. I am so thankful though that God continues to teach me to be flexible.

Well, as I thought, my Jesse pager is going off, and I am off to get some thing accomplished.


Psalm 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul; and ALL that is WITHIN ME, bless His holy name!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Flexibility.... the "stamp" of motherhood. Our house was a disaster for a few years.... still has its moments. I had to learn to "step high." lol